Creamy Vegetable Soup Recipe
This soup can be refrigerated up to 3 days and kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. For a vegetarian version of this soup, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large onion, 1/2-inch dice
- 4 celery sticks, 1/2-inch dice
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (or 6 small), 1/2-inch dice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (substitue: 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat, add oil. Add carrots, onions, celery and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; cook 10 minutes until softened.
- Add potatoes and garlic halves; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock then add bay leaves and thyme. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes until potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme stems then puree soup using an immersion blender, stand blender or food mill.
- Add half-and-half and red pepper flakes, taste for seasoning, add salt if necessary.
- woohbear reblogged this from 120-in-june
- marirno likes this
- dontgiveupthe-fight likes this
- weirdcoolceiling likes this
- collectingrainwater likes this
- keepmovingforwardx3 likes this
- fightfirewithair reblogged this from 120-in-june
- 120-in-june reblogged this from fitbodyfitsoul
- koolyogagirl1 likes this
- cupcake-craving-cuper-sunt likes this
- surviveawholelife reblogged this from myyogaon
- fitbodyfitsoul reblogged this from prettybalanced and added:
- timeforbreakfastyay likes this
- myyogaon reblogged this from prettybalanced
- myyogaon likes this
- prettybalanced posted this